Saturday, November 15, 2008

If the zoo wants you, let them come and get you.

Maddie had the day off of school in observation of Veterans Day on Tuesday so we decided to take a trip to the Sacramento Zoo. Our friend Sarah and her twin girls Reagan and Rylie joined us in our little excursion. Being a mom to a newborn after nine years I packed the entire house into a diaper bag or two for all the “just in cases” I could justify. Just short of taking down the crib we ventured off on the first real “far away” trip with the new baby. Anyone that is familiar with where I live will laugh at this comment since the Sacramento Zoo is 25 minutes away and takes about two hours to get through and that is even stopping to eat lunch! Of course, worried as I may have been, Jake fell asleep the moment he was strapped into his car seat and proceeded to sleep through the entire adventure. What can I say…..I am still glad to know that I was prepared for the worst!

Mommy and Maddie posing as Kangaroo and Joey!



Reagan, Rylie and Maddie hanging out with the crocs.




This Chimpanzee was so cute! We got to the Zoo early that morning and this little guy hadn’t had his cup of coffee yet.


These girls love each other!





This would be the view from outside the café where we enjoyed corndogs and burgers, MMMMM!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

you had me cracking up at your description of what you took in your diaper bag! I'm glad you had a fun day. Beautiful view for lunch too, wow!
Love, Sarah