Friday, March 20, 2009

The aim of life is self-development....



The aim of life is self-development is: To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for. Oscar Wilde

Sometimes life throws you curve balls…. I am sitting here today with two announcements. One is not the death of a dream but just a dream on hold. The other is a blessing from above. While I must announce that I am unable to continue my half marathon training at this time and that I am putting my dream of running 13.1 miles on hold for a year. I am pleased to announce that the Link Family is growing yet again! Oh yes, it’s true, our family will be welcoming another member this fall! I have to admit that I did not expect to get pregnant so soon after the birth of Jake and it does kind of terrify me to think of having two small children about thirteen months apart, we are ecstatic just the same and I will keep you posted on our progress!

Thank you all very much for supporting me throughout my training! Your words of encouragement and donations helped me pound the pavement (ever so slowly) towards my dream. Your efforts are not wasted or forgotten! I have worked out a deal with my Team in Training coach and we are rolling over the majority of my fundraising efforts towards my training next year. I have made the commitment to achieve my dream of running and raising money for a cause and dog gone it; I am going to do it! Albeit a tired mess I’m sure but determined just the same!

Thank you again for your support and I hope you can cheer for me with the same fervor as I begin my journey towards another baby!

A baby makes love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
Author Unknown

No comments: