Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm running a half marathon, no kidding!




Yes, I am a crazy woman.... I am training to run a half marathon in May. The motivation is simple- I lost my dad to cancer when I was eight. My next door neighbor was just diagnosed with Stage 4 Lymphoma he is in his 30's, is married and has two kids. One of my friends has a friend who was diagnosed with Leukemia, she is in her 20's, married, pregnant and has two young children. I can't imagine not doing anything to help these families. I want to help so I am going to “just do it”....Would you be my cheerleader?

I am raising funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society(LLS) as a participant in their Team In Training program and I'm asking you to help by making a donation to my fundraising campaign.

Please use the link in this email to donate online quickly and securely plus learn more about my progress. You will receive a confirmation of your donation by email and I will be notified as soon as you make your donation.

http://pages.teamintraining.org/rw/AveGiant09/klinkfw1hp

Each donation helps accelerate finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. More than 823,000 Americans are battling these blood cancers. I am hoping that my participation in Team In Training will help bring them hope and support.

On behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, thank you very much for your support. I greatly appreciate your generosity.

P.S. I would appreciate it if you would forward this link to as many people as you can to encourage them to donate as well. Thanks again!

No comments: